Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) was founded by Comrade Edem Edem in collaboration with other youths from the area as a youth based NGO, called Abgremo for Development in 1997.
Over the years the organisation has grown and engaged with other development partners. In 2007 the organisation undergone a strategic development and change her name with a …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , OND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Yobe
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification Bsc/OND/Diploma – Food/Nutrition and Dietetic, Micro-biology
- Experience 1year
- Location Damaturu, Yobe state
- Reports to: Project Manager
- Duration: 3months with possible extension
- Job Field Non-for-profit/NGO
The Nutrition Officer will be directly responsible for the day to day implementation of the emergency nutrition programming which includes; Integrated outreach models i.e. CMAM/IYCF done by running of selective feeding program, nutrition surveillance & assessments. He/she will be responsible for managing emergency nutrition responses, working with community health volunteers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Nutrition CMAM/IYCF Support officer will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and He/she will provide support for efficient and smooth implementation of nutrition CMAM/IYCF and social and behavioral change activities.
- He/she will also support the implementation and sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM/IYCF with support from Ministry of Health, community leaders and other key stakeholders at local government level.
- The CMAM/IYCF Support officer will support the state team in conducting rapid/detailed assessment of infant and young child feeding practices in mothers/care givers at mobile clinics.
- He/she will support the state team in providing personalized IYCF counselling sessions to pregnant women for the preparation of breastfeeding and colostrum feeding and all mothers with children under 24 months.
- Develop key messages in nutrition to the targeted beneficiaries, and ensure it is delivered appropriately.
- Offer nutrition support through counseling to individuals with medical conditions including Comprehensive Care Clinic clients.
- Plan and conduct mass MUAC screening of the under-fives on a quarterly basis in collaboration with the Community Health volunteers
- Documents findings and recommendations of field visits for follow-up of beneficiaries and share.
- Prepare and submit program reports, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness per the responsibility areas
- Documents lessons learned in specific technical areas.
- Have a minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Nutrition or Community Based Program with similar experience in humanitarian contexts (conflict/insecure contexts) as well as CMAM, IYCF and community mobilization.
- Be proficient in statistics and other software (Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Have excellent team, budget, project management and representation competencies.
- Be proficient in local languages (Kanuri, Fulani, Hausa).
- Have the capacity to be flexible and supervise and coach health workers.
- Have the ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Have previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. cash transfers, wash, Nutrition) preferably.
- Be committed to Action the NGO’s mission, values and policies.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and completed GREENCODE’s Competency Form (request for the competency form for the position you are interested in/qualified for via the email below), the 2 documents should be forwarded by clicking the Apply Now button
- The title of the position for example- Project Officer must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.