Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) was founded by Comrade Edem Edem in collaboration with other youths from the area as a youth based NGO, called Abgremo for Development in 1997.
Over the years the organisation has grown and engaged with other development partners. In 2007 the organisation undergone a strategic development and change her name with a …
Read more about this company
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno , Cross River
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification Bsc/HND/BA or Experience OND
- Experience 1year
- Location Maiduguri & Calabar
- Reports to: Project Manager
- Duration: 3 months with possible extension
- Job Field Non-for-profit/NGO
Under the supervision of the National Coordinator, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer shall be responsible for the overall collection, summarizing, compiling, dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms data generated from the Project with a key focus on submission of timely, qualitative and quantitative reports to the Program Management Team, donors and relevant stakeholders. Specifically, the M&E Officer will be in charge of managing project data. Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management. Support the development and testing of electronic data entry questionnaires using the Kobo collect and Form Builder (or other software as needed) during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical package.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Track the project performances vs. project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and assistance provided
- Conduct a baseline/end line survey at the start and end of the project.
- Lead in beneficiary identification, selection and registration.
- Regularly conduct on site monitoring and post distribution surveys
- Carryout rapid need (including market) assessments for proposed and new project sites
- Regularly collect and analyze market price data.
- Review, clean and analyze all project data, including but not limited to: beneficiary registration, baseline study, onsite monitoring, post activity monitoring, price data, final evaluation.
- Work with WASH officer for EPI Data collection for WASH related projects
- Ensure that the project mid-term evaluation and project’s evaluation are conducted in a timely manner and as per donor’s regulations.
- Ensure the project final evaluation is timely conducted.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project including for the registration of beneficiaries and other stakeholders for each project.
- Demonstrated appropriateness of quantitative statistical management programs including ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, Kobo collect.
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology used for MEAL
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives.
- Have a Degree/HND in Social Science, Art, Humanity or related field with minimum of 1year experience in a project management, stakeholders’ relations and administration-related role.
- Have excellent computer skills including with Excel, Microsoft office.
- Have strong interpersonal skills (communication, give effective feedback and be a team player)
- Be able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Have the ability to manage work plans including ability to work under pressure.
- Be committed to the NGO’s mission, values and policies.
- At least 1-year experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning, preferably in the NGO sector
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL.