African Industries is a diverse West African Multinational with over 8,000 employees from more than 10 countries worldwide. The Group currently operates in eight different locations within Nigeria, and exports its products to other West African nations and is increasing investments in neighbouring countries. Its origins lie in trading soft and hard commoditi…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
This position is to get the African Foundries Limited plant certified with ISO 9001/ ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 international standards and then maintain the certification and comply with all requirements of the standards:
- To keep the efficient global emergency preparedness & response process current by updating any changes and ensuring that all components are functioning well including ambulance, first aid clinic, availability of qualified nurses, Fire-fighting equipment, Alarms and emergency teams in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- To prepare & Update PPE matrix for work location/activities- ensure procurement, stock, distribution and compliance of PPE and present reports to Management for review, follow up the status of closure of non-compliance.
- Develop and recommend improvements to all Quality Management Systems.
- To carry out training of staff and ensure awareness of the required standard of AFL’s health & safety rules and guidelines.
- To identify and maintain Hazards material list and MSDS, to ensure that all concerned personal are aware of it.
- Send monthly incident report to Management.
- To ensure that any dangerous or hazardous activity is immediately stopped or appropriate preventive actions taken.
- To organize a safety committee meeting- to ensure that all critical items are brought to the attention of management and follow up the progress on earlier.
- Candidates should possess a BSc qualification
- Applicants must reside in Abuja.
- Applicants must have similar work experience in a large plant.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.