Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) was founded by Comrade Edem Edem in collaboration with other youths from the area as a youth based NGO, called Abgremo for Development in 1997.
Over the years the organisation has grown and engaged with other development partners. In 2007 the organisation undergone a strategic development and change her name with a …
Read more about this company
Finance and Admin Assistant
- Job Type Contract
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , OND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Yobe
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification OND, Bsc/HND/BA
- Experience 1year
- Location Yobe state
- Reports to: Finance/Admin Officer
- Duration: 3months with possible extension
- Job Field Non-for-profit/NGO
Under the direction of the Finance Officer, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to the GREENCODE Project in Yobe.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support on the collection, review and feedback on monthly financial report of the project office.
- Work with FO to prepare monthly project pipeline and disseminate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinate the arrangement of travel logistics for project staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handles all photocopying assignments, document filing, development and printing of photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the project.
- Assists the FO in the provision of logistic support for project workshops and trainings.
- Assists the FO in the maintenance of an efficient filing and recording of financial and administrative files.
- Provides day – to – day administrative and logistic support to the Project Director
- Coordinates and serves as point of contact for all administrative and secretarial support services for the project (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst project staff.
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration or related field
- Minimum of 1year experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and completed GREENCODE’s Competency Form (request for the competency form for the position you are interested in/qualified for via the email below), the 2 documents should be forwarded by clicking the Apply Now button
- The title of the position for example- Project Officer must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.