Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) was founded by Comrade Edem Edem in collaboration with other youths from the area as a youth based NGO, called Abgremo for Development in 1997.
Over the years the organisation has grown and engaged with other development partners. In 2007 the organisation undergone a strategic development and change her name with a …
Read more about this company
Complaints Response Mechanism and Accountability Assistant
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification OND , Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience – 1 years
- Location Borno , Yobe
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
- Qualification OND or Experience candidate with SSCE
- Experience 1 years
- Location Maiduguri & Yobe
- Reports to: Project Officer and Project Manager
- Duration: 3 months with possible extension
- Job Field Non-for-profit/NGO
The CRM Assistant is responsible for ensuring mechanisms are in place in all Green Concern for Development programs to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response as well as upholding the organization’s commitment towards Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) and core standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receive complaints and feedback via the dedicated toll free line and ensure all information is properly documented;
- Support the M&E and Program teams in activity implementation, to ensure beneficiary access to CRM channels (feedback days, complaints booths, field visits
- Receive complaints and feedback referred from field/enrollment staff and ensure proper documentation;
- Maintain an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences with subsequent regular updates from field;
- Compile data and submit internal and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects on a weekly basis;
- Ensure that confidentiality of complaint data is respected;
- Respond to beneficiaries’ complaints as per the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM);
- Train M&E Field assistants and CRM assistants to carry out regular community feedback
- Ensure follow up of decision taken;
- Build staff awareness and commitment to complaints mechanism, ensuring that all SOPs are respected;
- Liaise with ASSIST enrollment team and senior management to ensure that feedback and complaints are addressed and resolved;
- Liaise with camp management and community leaders regarding the response on the complaints received;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Ordinary National Diploma or Experience candidate with SSCE
- Minimum of 6months to 1 year proven experience in accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards.
- Strong understanding of HAP, Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS), Do No Harm and other relevant global standards.
- Experience in implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience in developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for cash transfer programme.
- Excellent computer skills especially in terms of developing databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local languages (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing.
- Commitment to Green Concern for Development mission, values and policy.
- Ability to peak and understand Hausa and Kanuri language is a MUST.