Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) was founded by Comrade Edem Edem in collaboration with other youths from the area as a youth based NGO, called Abgremo for Development in 1997.
Over the years the organisation has grown and engaged with other development partners. In 2007 the organisation undergone a strategic development and change her name with a …
Read more about this company
Community-Base Nutrition Mobilisers (CNMs)
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification OND , Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience None
- Location Yobe
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
- Job Type: Contract
- Qualification OND, SSCE
- Experience 1year
- Location Gulani & Fune LGAs in Yobe State
- Reports to: Programs Officer
- Duration: 3 months with possible extension
- Job Field Health/ Medical/ Non-for-profit
- The selected candidate(s) will support the implementation of the community mobilization and nutrition activities in the community in accordance with the GREENCODE intervention plan in the community.
- They will be responsible for mobilization, community engagement, nutrition education sessions, supporting active case findings and strengthening referrals.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:·
- Lead in regular community /partner sensitization or mobilization activities geared towards creating awareness on the IMC BSFP program activities among the community members and other stakeholders.
- Support the design and development of nutrition component implementation plans to capture project performance and results, including data reporting, and all nutrition demonstration and community mobilization activities
- Plan and organize CSB++ distribution at designated BSFP distribution sites in liaison with GREENCODE program staff.
- Work closely with the program team to ensure all aspects of nutrition are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place from the community to distribution sites and from distribution sites to OTPs and Stabilization Centers when required.
- Work closely with other partners implementing BSFP, CBT/ INP for proper referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at facility and distribution sites level
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including registration and enrolment of children, MAM cases and PLWs for BSFP respectively.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Coordinate with the Logistics to ensure adequate availability of CSB++ supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned at all distribution sites.
- Through liaison with the Team Leaders and Line Manager, provide effective follow up strategy of all cases particularly tracing of children and PLW who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems… etc.
- Provide key nutrition education messages to beneficiaries based on the protocol and guidelines by initiating community dialogue and solution finding initiatives made to improve uptake and utilization of program and health services.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the project and related intervention procedure
- Participate in capacity-building and demonstration activities with project staff and Cooperating Partner Agencies
- Take lead in conducting beneficiary sensitization on- food rations, distribution days, distribution points, beneficiary rights, etc
- Maintain open line of communication with the beneficiaries to obtain feedback, complaints and work with the team to maintain a log of the feedback/ complaints and come up with corrective actions.
- Disseminate nutrition related findings from PDM reports.
- Take lead in the MUAC screenings at BSFP distribution sites and during active case findings in the community.
- Experience Secondary school leaver with good fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and other local languages of the people of Gulani and Fune LGAs of Yobe state.
- Experience in working in the Northeast Nigeria context and fluency in local dialect is mandatory
- Experience in community mobilization and sensitization as well as Community-based Management of acute Malnutrition and Infant and Young Child Feeding programming in an emergency setting.
- Strong experience providing counselling services that are gender-sensitive and child friendly
- Competence with the use of MS application packages (Word, Excel and database software) and report writing
- Good human relations and diplomacy
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and completed GREENCODE’s Competency Form (request for the competency form for the position you are interested in/qualified for via the email below), the 2 documents should be forwarded by clicking the Apply Now button
- The title of the position for example- Project Officer must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.