Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Banking
Chief Operating Officer (COO) at a Microfinance Bank via Culminate Consulting
Culminate Consulting is a professional service firm into the business of Recruitment, Training, Outsourcing and ISO 9001: 2015 QMS, 45001:2018 OHS and 14001:2018 EMS Implementation. We have worked extensively across diverse sectors of the economy ranging from Telecommunication, Banking &Finance, Information Technology and Oil & Gas.
Our client is a Microfinance Bank looking to fill the below positions
The COO is to lead our team of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective
Our ideal candidate must have extensive experience within the banking industry, perhaps having worked his way up through the ranks to becoming an executive
We have our eye out for a COO with strong leadership skills and the ability to approach business from a creative point of view.
- Responsible for planning and implementing operational strategies, plans and procedures;
- Responsible for setting comprehensive goals for products and channels and to ensure growth and success;
- Responsible for overseeing the complete ICT functionality and strategy of the office & call center.
- Responsible for the maintenance and proper functioning of all product systems;
- Responsible for serving as the custodian of operational policies and procedures of the business; Ensure
- that the policies are up to date, well communicated, enforced and to advise on changes to enhance the business risk;
- Responsible for ensuring adequate operational controls for all products and channels;
- Carry out research on new technologies and ensures 90 % uptime on current E channels portals.
Responsible for ensuring a well-functioning branch network as well as all channels of operations which includes but not limited to:
- Having oversight responsibility over the Head of Operations;
- Identify and propose new footprint opportunities and markets to the CEO;
- Ensure adequate training of staff and independent agents in various facets of the business;
- Implement new sales strategies in the branch network as well as the call center to improve overall sales performance;
- Reporting to the Executive Committee on the status of all branches and the call center;
- Responsible for actively contributing towards the preparation of the annual budget of the company;
- Responsible for preparing detailed monthly analysis of variances of the sales budgets of all products and branches;
- Responsible for ensuring a well-functioning secured lending book finance business, more specifically:
- Having oversight responsibility over the Head of New Business;
- To grow the secured products to be a major contributor to the company’s bottom line;
- To drive sales and ascertain various ways of maintaining sustained sales performance;
- To bring on board innovative new business products to improve and increase shareholder wealth;
- Custodian of the new business processes and procedures and to ensure training and adherence;
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, preferably numerical.
- Post Graduate Degree is preferred
- Professional qualifications & registrations will be an added advantage.
- 10 years of relevant experience in related banking operations.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, consistently adhering to deadlines and evolving priorities.
- Candidate must be at least 40 years of age (age should be clearly stated on cv)
- An excellent command of English, both written and verbal, is a requirement of the role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player.
Attractive Basic Plus Profit Sharing (Negotiable %)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.