Green Concern for Development (GREENCODE) was founded by Comrade Edem Edem in collaboration with other youths from the area as a youth based NGO, called Abgremo for Development in 1997.
Over the years the organisation has grown and engaged with other development partners. In 2007 the organisation undergone a strategic development and change her name with a …
Read more about this company
Business /Partner Development – Volunteer/Intern
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Cross River
- Job Field Internships / Volunteering  , Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Job Type: Volunteer
- Qualification Bsc/HND/BA (Mater Degree is added advantage)
- Experience 1year
- Location Calabar, Cross River
- Reports to: National Coordinator
- Duration: 3 months with possible extension
- Job Field Non-for-profit/NGO
The Business and Partner Development (BPD) manages the Business Development Unit (BDU). The BDU is responsible for identifying funding opportunities in line with GREENCODE program priorities, writing successful grant proposals in coordination with program colleagues in addition to strengthening our linkages with local donor missions and national offices.
To strengthen existing partnerships with stakeholders and partners while developing new networks and partnerships.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop resource mobilization plans for the resource mobilisation strategy of GREENCODE.
- Ensure development of regular reports and analysis of the implementation plans, mapping between program priorities and donor opportunities, funding analysis, etc to be used by management for tracking progress against the targets, review and decision making.
- Actively identify grant opportunities and develop grant proposals in line with agreed organizational procedures and in close coordination with Program Design Unit, Program Areas and other relevant departments and units within the State offices.
- Ensure that all categories of program costs are taken into account at the conceptualization and submission stage of grant preparation.
- Monitor, analyze and consolidate relevant grant information and disseminate where relevant within GREENCODE Nigeria.
- Produce and regularly update a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities (by sector and geography) in Nigeria.
- Lead on developing and packaging grant proposals to suit the requirements of different donors, including working with the programme communications team to develop separate marketing collateral aimed at different audiences (NGOs, Institutional donors, Corporate etc.).
- Develop and maintain a strong and professional image of GREENCODE among relevant donors.
- Lead on researching where potential opportunities for grants funding can be found.
- Ensuring successful on-going donor relationship management and ‘ownership’ of relations with donor representatives locally.
- Identify and coach competent staff for grants acquisition and implementation including coaching and mentoring to support their abilities in different fields.
- Work with the Finance and Programs team to ensure the effective utilization of grants monitoring systems in terms of projections and forecasting, the monitoring of expenditure, negotiations with grantors for budget modifications and completion of project reports.
- University degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 2years of professional experience of which at least 1year should have been spent in a resource mobilisation in the development sector
- Demonstrated track, record of writing, project proposals and obtaining grant funding for development projects from institutional donors
- Experience in coaching, training and facilitation
- Experience in identifying and developing fund raising opportunities
- Experience of working in humanitarian or project development sector
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Cover Letter and completed GREENCODE’s Competency Form (request for the competency form for the position you are interested in/qualified for via the email below), the 2 documents should be forwarded by clicking the Apply Now button
- The title of the position for example- Project Officer must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position is valid for the duration stated, we don’t pay relocation allowance or provide house for field staff. Only applicant that adhere to the full instruction in this advert will be attended to.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.