BUSINESSDAY is Nigeria’s leading and most influential business and financial daily newspaper written by some of the country’s best journalists. It is the favourite newspaper among Nigeria’s investor community.
Published every week-day plus a weekend edition on Sundays, the newspaper is based in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital BUS…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Senior Advert Sales Executive
- Digital Sales Executive
- Method of Application
Senior Advert Sales Executive
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining a strong sales pipeline.
- You will do so by identifying key business opportunities for advertising both the print and digital news platform. Your goal will be to meet or exceed advertising sales targets
- Build solid sales pipeline and maintain long-term relationships with prospects
- Identify new business opportunities to generate revenues
- Close high volume advertising sales deals
- Develop annual sales strategy and goals
- Leverage sales tools and resources to identify new sales leads and nurture prospect relationships
- Continuously increase knowledge of advertising in the newspaper industry to remain competitive
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing or any other related field
- Minimum 6 years experience in B2B sales and demonstrated competence in closing high volume sales deals.
- Experience in newspaper advertising is preferred
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding sales target
- Must be able to speak Hausa and have solid contacts in the public sector
go to method of application »
Digital Sales Executive
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
- The B2B Digital Sales Executive is responsible for leading Businessday’s market wide approach to providing Businessday’s digital service products to commercial accounts
- This role will drive improved performance of existing B2B business customers and develop plans to maximize sales growth and manage gross profit margin. He or she will develop materials and execute an outside sales approach to acquire new accounts
- This position also acts as the B2B customer advocate, collaborating cross functionally with all Businessday brands providing digital and ecommerce solutions
- The ideal candidate also needs to understand, anticipate, and report on customer needs/barriers to ensure the service model is driving increased sales/customer satisfaction.
- Develop commercial strategies and roadmaps to deliver the B2B sales and margin goals
- Generate new business revenue from digital service products to corporates, delivering against and exceeding set targets
- Demonstrate knowledge of the features, benefits and advantages of Businessday digital service products and solutions to qualify potential product and solutions opportunities and grow revenue.
- Work with the wider corporate sales teams to develop and close new business sales
- Acquire knowledge of customers’ businesses and organizational structures and demonstrate an understanding of their main business needs, to match the correct Businessday digital service proposition for the customer
- Investigate and analyze customer data to identify ways to improve customer usage and increase Businessday’s digital products and minimize risk of customer cancellations
- Maintain accurate and appropriate client records to provide timely management information.
- Build understanding and metrics around top B2B customer groups for the purpose of Businessday digital services improvement and acquisition
- Contribute ideas and insights in support of Businessday’s eCommerce omnichannel commercial plan and customer experience
- Build and share reports and insights based on recent B2B performance data (sales, units, customers, baskets, repeat, penetration, etc.).
- Previous strong experience of – and a relish for business to business sales – Minimum of 5 years
- Face to face and institutional sales experience is essential
- E-commerce / B2B sales experience preferred
- Proven experience of consistently meeting and or exceeding sales targets
- Experience within a subscription/membership sales environment is preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, high-urgency sales environment
- Energy, positivity and a personable, customer-focused style
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships both internally and externally
- Clear, demonstrable understanding of the end to end sales process
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven persuasion and negotiation skills
- Must take initiative and be a self-starter
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Experience attending conferences, working meeting rooms and developing a good rapport with prospects
- Strong experience in relationship building
- High comfort level selling to senior-level executives
- Positive, can-do, hands-on approach when faced with obstacles to success
- Communication – Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated selling ability
- Collaboration – ability to build solid working relationships and influence both in-person and remotely across the organization at all levels
- Entrepreneurial Thinking – a self-starter with strong sense of accountability and ownership of the business with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Project Management – strong organizational skills including prioritization, time management and meeting deadlines
- Experimentation – not afraid to test & learn continuously; excels in dealing with ambiguity and loves a challenge
- Reporting – strives for continuous improvement by analyzing and sharing key results; uses reporting and forecasting to make informed business decisions.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Use the emails(s) below to apply