Founded in 2007 as primarily a software house, Seamfix today provides custom and bespoke technology solutions and e-business integration services to large, medium and small organizations across various sectors such as telecommunications, education, oil & gas, financial services and the public sector.
We help our clients and end consumers by continuous…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Seamfix is a leading technology company with a mission to deliver cutting edge technology solutions that enable our clients to meet their needs.
We strive to build a culture of excellence in all we do and we are passionate about giving our customers the best experience possible.
We are equally passionate about giving our employees the best experience possible. No wonder we were rated third best ICT company to work for in 2018.’
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will work with the Engineering team to achieve the delivery of high-quality business critical software solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors. Understands their team’s testing approach, and uses quality metrics to identify gaps. Works with their team to recommend solutions that are in accordance with accepted testing frameworks and the testing pyramid.
- Architects services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling. Anticipates future use cases and makes design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
- Actively works with the security team, as well as their own team, to refine their team’s approach to security based on the organization’s security strategy. Fosters a security first mindset within their own team, and leads by example.
- Reviews epics and projects critically and ensures they’re appropriately broken down and prioritized, and well understood by the team.
- Ensures dependencies are noted and well understood by the team, at both the task and epic level. Works within their team to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Effectively handles risk, change, and uncertainty within their team. Decides and acts responsibly in their work with their team without having the total picture during routine business, as well as when in high pressure situations.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays, and cost ballooning within their team’s projects, before they require escalation. Ensures expectations with their team and external stakeholders are clarified between all parties involved.
- Fosters a culture of delivering praise and constructive feedback within their team and team’s respective business stakeholders. Actively demonstrates these behaviours.
- Takes ownership of decisions made in their team by helping their teammates make clear decisions in alignment with organizational goals, backing decisions made, and taking responsibility for their success. Raises awareness for how biases impact decisions and ensures accountability is practiced within their team. Demonstrates these behaviours themselves.
- Fosters a culture of documentation and knowledge sharing within their team and with their team’s business stakeholders; actively demonstrates these behaviors.
- Mentors their teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner. Seeks out mentoring opportunities specifically to create team redundancy and backfill ability. Mentors members of other teams as needed.
WHAT WE NEED
- At least 6 years of professional experience in an agile software development environment, with at least 3 of which should be as a tech lead/manager
- Experience programming in Java
- Proficient at using systematic debugging to diagnose all issues within the scope of their domain.