VAGAN OIL AND GAS LTD Has Experience In Oil & Gas Field Maintenance And Services, Welding And Fabrication, Electrical And Mechanical Installation / Operation & Maintenance And Civil / Mechanical Construction Works In Both Land And Swamp Locations In The Niger Delta
Read more about this company
Draftsman / Autocad Technician
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 8 years
- Location Rivers
- City Port Harcourt
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
Desecription / Primary Responsibilities
- Provide fabrication drawings of ASME vessels / piping, API heaters, and AISC structural
- Familiarity with codes, permits, and software applications related to the discipline
- Responsible for developing fabrication drawing through completion for assigned projects in conformance with the requirements, applicable codes, and design criteria established by the company’s standards.
- Basic understanding of the purpose and use of vendor documents as a reference for assigned tasks.
- Can assist in performing material takes-off for the discipline.
- Must have the capability to work remotely.
- Must be able to complete tasks within given time frames with little or no supervision
- Meeting with architects, designers, and engineers to discuss design ideas.
- Developing product design from scratch
- Presenting rough design drafts for client approval
- Ensuring product designs meet the required safety and structural standards
- Generating solid and surface CAD models using AutoCAD software
- Blending technique and aesthetics to create final designs
- Presenting various design perspectives for construction improvements and adaptations.
- Finalizing AutoCAD models
- Presenting models to clients
- Completing job reports.
- 3 – 8 years of experience in oil & gas process equipment to include, but not limited to: pressure vessels, piping systems, AISC Structural Design, and natural gas dehydration.
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2D.
- Proficient with solid works
- Proficient in MS-Office products
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Architectural Studies
- Previous work experience as an AutoCAD Drafter
- Advanced knowledge of CAd and AutoCAD software
- Advanced Knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Engineering, and Architecture.
- Knowledge of state safety and structure regulations.
- Excellent technical design skills
- Good communication skills
- A keen eye for aesthetics and detail
- Ability to project Manage.
- Knowledge in ASME and ASI codes / standards
- Knowledge in producing and reading PID / schematic type Drawings
- The ability to understand engineering documents, codes, and specification
- Knowledge in solid works Routing and Weldment functions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.