Chateau Royal is a real estate company providing realty services to clients, home-owners and tenants who value exclusive royal experience. We are positioned to provide technology driven innovative services and products across real estate investment, real estate brokerage and real estate development.
The core of our expertise is the residential Real Estate m…
Read more about this company
Chief Operating Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- The Chief Operating Officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
- The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
- We have many real estate projects for which we’re going to need a very experienced and knowledgeable real estate COO for our firm.
- The COO is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to bean experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you. The goal is to secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
- The selected candidate will have substantial experience working with private equity funds in connection with acquisitions and financing of real estate assets and institutional lenders that originate loans. Must have business experience that can be converted into client relationships and substantial experience running operations with minimal oversight.
- Strong team building and management skills are required. Experience with leasing, financing, construction and environmental matters all helpful.
- You will also help maintain relationships with the company’s Clients, Investors and Bankers, and perform other ad hoc projects as requested. This role has high visibility reporting directly to the Chairman and in direct contact with the board of directors. As such, you can expect to fulfill most of the following duties.
The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Long term strategic operational planning
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Assist CEO in fundraising ventures
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company. Bottom line: Build a beautiful company.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the executive team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Act as lead client-care officer through direct contact with every client and partner.
- Assist, as required, in raising additional capital at appropriate valuations to enable the Company to meet sales, growth, and market share objectives.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the firm with clients, investors, and business partners.
Qualifications and Qualities we’re looking For
The ideal candidate will also have:
- BS in Real Estate
- 8+ years in COO/General Manager role in commercial real estate.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Broad based Real Estate exposure
- Experience working with investors from a REIT perspective a plus
- Experience managing the monthly legal transactions of a large private and or public company with roughly over 1B in Assets is desired.
- Experience with fast-paced high growth companies.
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc / BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Strong project management skills to coordinate with diverse teams and meet project deadlines.
- An outstanding command of the English language and impeccable writing and editing skills.
- Strong computer and Internet skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in managing teams, both freelance and employee.
- Be a strong team player.
- Willingness to except change and adapt on the fly.
- Detail and result-oriented and strong follow-through is essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are mandatory.
- High-level strategic and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to synthesize information across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Strong general business knowledge base.
- Initiative and resourcefulness: ability to make things happen in creative ways despite a lack of resources.
- Strong people/client management skills; strong teamwork and team leadership skills; cooperative working style.
- Ambitious and goal oriented – committed to driving revenue and profit.
- Positive and upbeat with a can-do attitude.
- Passion for serving customers, understanding their needs and delivering in excess of their expectations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume, Cover Letter and any positive references you might have to: email@example.com with the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Strictly Females Applicants Only.