Montego is an independent diversified natural resources company. We apply skill, market intelligence and entrepreneurial resources to everything we do.
Tax and Treasury Accountant
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Finance / Accounting / Audit
· To ensure effective custody and management of all company funds through complete documentation of all bank and cash transactions and reconciliation of Bank and Petty Cash balance in the General ledger.
- To ensure tax remittances and statutory payments are properly accounted for, remitted and filed in order to prevent penalties
- Makes all payment for – prepares telegraphic transfer instructions (Naira and Foreign currency), maintains and administers petty cash (Nigeria and foreign currency)
- Monitors and processes banking transactions
- Liaise with various banks where company accounts are maintained.
- Enforces policies, procedures and internal controls related to bank and cash operations.
- Prepares and submits a daily cash report for all bank accounts. This details the company’s cash positions in all banks.
- Assists with cash flow planning so that all debt payment and other obligations are paid timely and ensure accurate and timely transfer of funds to meet foreign payment obligations.
- Collection and receipting of all proceeds and cash calls received by the company
- Ensure safety and security of all cash and cheques by putting them in the safe at the close of business on a daily basis.
- Handling of Treasury related queries.
- Monthly bank reconciliation and preparation of bank reconciliation statements for all bank accounts assigned-Naira and Dollar.
- Timely remittance and reconciliations on remittances made with Tax authorities
- Timely payment and filing of statutory payments (WHT; PPT; CIT; NCD and VAT)
- Filing of Transfer pricing
REQUISITE QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
·Accounting Graduate with 3 years of work experience in similar role
Relevant Professional Qualification ACA, CIMA, ACCA with a minimum of final stage in Professional Examinations
KEY COMPETENCE & BEHAVIOURAL EXPECTATIONS
- Proficiency in Ms-office applications
- Proficient in the use of accounting software package
- Basic knowledge of banking operations
- Knowledge of tax remittance rates, regulations and deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Multi-tasking and coordination
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below