Twinning for Health Support Initiative, Nigeria (THSI-N) was established by the American International Health Alliance (AIHA) as its local Nigerian partner organization in February 2014. AIHA operated a representative office in Enugu State since 2009 and transitioned same and its Nigerian programmatic activities to be managed by their new local entity, THSI-N.
Social Welfare Advisor
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
3 – 5 years
- Job Field
Medical / Healthcare
Department: ICHSSA Program
Position: 40 hr / week
Reports To: ICHSSA Project Team Lead, AIHA Senior Program Specialist / THSI-N Executive Director
- Under the direction of the ICHSSA Project Team Lead, and the THIS-N Executive Director, the Social Welfare Advisor (SWA) is responsible for supporting the Society for Family Health program in Kano State, the northern region.
- The SWA will be working as part of the lead technical team in the implementation of the ICHSSA Program. Areas of responsibility include strategic planning; facilitating ICHSSA Program partner trainings; report writing; and program logistical support.
- The SWA must be able to work independently and use sound judgment in responding to partner and program needs and in supporting project transition.
- S / he will be in close contact with AIHA staff and THSI-N staff and partners, and will coordinate communication and program activities.
- Under the direction of the SFH Team Lead, work with THSI-N staff and partners as the lead advisor for all relevant social work project activities
- Work with social work institutions, THSI-N staff and partner organizations in the north to implement social work activities
- Work to build the social welfare capacity of local government agencies (LGA), civil society organizations (CSO), community-based organizations (CBO) and partner institutions
- Work with AIHA / THSI-N staff and ICHSSA Program staff and partners to develop and maintain program workplans, making changes and updates as appropriate
- Assist partners with the development, editing, finalization, and packaging of program curriculum, reports and materials
- Keep abreast of all SFH program activities and maintain close contact with SFH partners and other collaborators
- Implement program monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities
- Provide program updates to AIHA / THSI-N staff, ICHSSA Program partners, and stakeholders on a regular basis
- Schedule, coordinate, and participate in program trainings and meetings
- Serve as an information source on program policies, procedures, and administration guidelines
- Submits monthly reports to the AIHA / THSI-N Executive Director
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Social Work with at least (5) years’ work experience in social work, Public Health or other related discipline.
- MSc in Social Work with at least three (3) years’ work experience in social work, Public Health or other related discipline will be an advantage; experience working with Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) preferred
- Extensive knowledge of or experience in program management and support procedures
- Proven ability to implement multidimensional projects
- Ability to develop and maintain close relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively with diverse coworkers and project participants
- Self-starter and strong multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Experience managing contractors and arranging contract agreements
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Must be very dependable and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal and professional maturity and judgment
- Knowledge of public health, particularly OVC, HIV and AIDS programs
- English and Hausa fluency is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and the Internet
- Must be willing to travel domestically in northern Nigeria 25-35% of the time
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, work independently and in a team environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; stoop; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume with a Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.