3Line commenced business in 2007 with the primary aim of using technology to make financial services easily available to the financially excluded. We believe this is a basic human right, and 3Line is our platform for achieving this purpose. We focus on four key areas: Electronic Banking, Issuer Processing, Agency Banking and Identity Management, all driven by our Card Scheme.
Location: Victoria Island.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
ICT / Computer
- Are you a seasoned technology professional who loves to build out and lead engineering and product teams? Do you have a passion for evolving technologies? Are you passionate leader who can manage the design and development of major technical initiatives that are the backbone of our business?
- If yes, then you maybe our ideal candidate. At 3line, you will be able to get into the details while providing strategic, technical, and operating expertise and guidance, and bringing creativity, vision, and passion to the technology organization
- 3Line is looking for a CTO to lead the company’s technology organization, with responsibility for the vision, leadership, and implementation of overall technology strategy and development and test processes. This is an incredible opportunity to join a fully funded, innovative, Fintech startup that will transform digital trading platforms.
- Working with MD and COO (Chief Operating Officer) to define an achievable product roadmap and timeline (feature set) to market.
- Setting and managing company’s aggressive overall technology development targets.
- Making recommendations and proposing solutions (in house, outsourced and third party) in a fast-paced market and development environment.
- Developing and supervising product deployment and functionality with time to market and feature set as key targets.
- Ensuring that the proper technical approach is taken organization for all feature/future development.
- Establishing development environment, technology stack, version control, methodology and testing policies as well as client support and integration.
- Build, Manage, and lead the technology unit and development team.
- Stand up Platform and maintain uptime, security and product revisions.
- Work with outside vendors and help in their selection and integration.
- Analyze and have a deep understanding of current technologies and business needs, and recommend solutions for automation and AI.
- Manage workflow and be responsible for timely delivery of projects
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance and ensure continuous delivery of IT services
- Minimum 8+ years overall experience with significant leadership expertise, 4+ as an engineer, 4+ as an engineering leader.
- 4 years at CTO level in an exchange/trading/ Fintech environment
- Substantial experience as a senior “hands on” manager (CTO) running a fast-paced environment for an industry-leading product, developing coding methods, architecture and execution.
- Experience building out a financial portal in a regulated environment.
- Entrepreneurial DNA: Experience and comfort starting from square 1 and selecting team, partners and vendors to achieve development and business goals
- Must be familiar with security standards and procedures necessary when dealing with sensitive personal financial information and regulated environments.
- Full Stack developer at some point in career.
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Proactive and collaborative working style
- Backend: core Java 8 skills, Liferay 6+, Sprint 4+, WSDL, JAX-RS SQL, Hibernate, JDBC, Rest service, Ajax (JQuery/Dojo), HTML/CSS, HTML5 SOAP services, Unit tests with JUnit,
- SpringBoot is a plus, OCJP is a plus.
- Team Development Tools: GIT, Jira, Conflunce
Salary & Benefits
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job title” as subject of the email.