- Location(s): Not Specified — Nigeria
- Specialization: • NGO / Community Services
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: January 03, 2020
- Job Type Fulltime
Society for Family Health (SFH) is recruiting for fulltime Director Of Strategic Information (DSI) – Tuberculosis Programme (- North East / South – West).
Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Strategic Information (DSI) – Tuberculosis Programme
Ref. No: sfh-13272
Location: North East / South – West
Job Type: Permanent
- The DSI will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information required in relation to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results.
- S/he will lead efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the targeted geographic area, including staff training and mentoring as well as overseeing support to government and other project partners to monitor, document and analyse the performance of their TB case finding, treatment and notification and ensure data quality.
- S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for state and other partners strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and support coordination with national data systems.
- The Director will present the programme to external audiences to showcase programme impact and achievements.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Health Informatics, public health, epidemiology, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. A degree in health Informatics will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 8 (eight) years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data-intensive, performance-based programs funded by USG;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria’s TB notification and wider health information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting;
- Demonstrated understanding, experience, and competency in working with private sector, frontline facilities, community organizations and leaders.
- Demonstrated experience developing in-house tools and data management systems to track M&E and performance indicators for the programme.
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skills and use of relevant software (SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas) and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills and competencies:
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for the successful completion of projects.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organizational goals and programme objectives.
Application Closing Date
3rd January, 2020.