- Location(s): • Abuja, North Central — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Teaching / Education Services
- Industry: • Education Services/ Research
- Application Deadline: January 08, 2020
- Job Type Fulltime
PFL Education is recruiting for fulltime Student Counsellor (Abuja).
PFL is an international education consultancy with global presence in Asia, Africa, America, Australia, Dubai and Canada and the UK and operating in Nigeria since 1997. We represent the interest of several institutions in Australia, Canada, Dubai, New Zealand, USA and United Kingdom. PFL is one of the oldest, highly experienced education consultancies in the world and employs a special combination of people with both local and international education, visa counselling expertise and exposure. As an agency, we have always seen ourselves as providing quality students of financial means in a qualitative manner to its core partnership base.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Student Counsellor
- To ensure that all student institution and visa applications are promptly applied for and followed-up closely to enrolment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve (or even exceed) agreed weekly/monthly targets
- Convert walk-ins into registrations
- Conducting detailed profile assessment of sponsor/parent/guardian and student (which includes financial viability) and guiding them accordingly to institutions where his/her chances of getting admission is high
- Requesting academic documentation required for institution applications and verifying the same
- Completing, checking and sending applications to selected institutions, with very close attention to detail
- Closely monitor individual student progress throughout the institution application process and likewise keep student informed
- Promptly follow-up all offers made and ensure prompt responses back to client institutions
- Give clear and accurate information to students and parents based on the current immigration laws and policies for student visa application
- Oversee the completion of all relevant visa and immigration documents on behalf of student and ensure that they are received within the time limit set by the government
- Ensure that all information/documents provided by the student is accurate and correct, preparing and checking all legal documents including financial papers
- Ensuring students are closely guided from start to finish of the student visa application process
- Filing visa applications with the respective embassies
- Liaising with study country embassies as and when required.
- Maintain full update on all PFL partner institutions regarding courses, materials and procedures
- Submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and other such reports that are expected
- Build and maintain relationships with institution admission professionals
- Kept updated as to PFL institutions documents in relation to courses, materials and procedures
- Participate in all local education events (whether PFL sponsored or institution)
- Serve as a general resource for students and parents regarding admission criteria and institution data
- Maintain consistent contact with students and parents throughout the whole application process via e-mail, telephone and/or Skype
- To support partner institution office visits
- Keep office area neat, tidy, and professional at all times
- Enter leads into company CRM and follow up immediately
Min Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (international preferred, locally attained acceptable) or able to demonstrate the level of key skills required at degree level.
- 1+ years of experience in overseas education counselling in a similar organisation
- Skills and Knowledge:
- In-depth understanding of Overseas Education Counselling, Admission and Visa processes for Canada, Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Europe.
- Results orientated
- Excellent convincing skills
- Speaks clearly, sensitively, and persuasively when interacting with stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic, with ability to work well under pressure and respond to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative and with a team
- Adaptability, initiative, and flexibility
- Close attention to detail, with the ability to spot mistakes or errors in documents, no matter how small
- Customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
- Integrity; good judgment and decision-making abilities, problem-solving skills, and organizational and planning skills
- Skilled at information gathering and data management (student and institution records)
- Good research and analytical skills to stay abreast of changes in immigration regulations and assess how the changes affect immigration processes
- Flexibility over working hours
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job title as the subject of the mail.