- Location(s): • Abuja, North Central — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Transportation / Logistics / Supply
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: January 09, 2020
- Job Type Fulltime
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting for fulltime Consultant, Supply Chain Management – Global Fund Malaria.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, Supply Chain Management – Global Fund Malaria
Consultancy Code: SCM241219
The Consultant – Supply Chain Management is responsible for the following:
- Support the collation of data, computation and analysis of the quantities of all health products (LLINs, ACTs, RDTs, AI, SPs) procured, received in-country, and distributed under the malaria program up to the health facilities, based on data from proofs of deliveries.
- Support the review of Last Mile Distribution (LMD) plans, collate and archive LMD orders and PODs for the various states
- Support quarterly inventory count of routine health products at state and axial warehouses
- Support the bi-monthly facility data spot checks in the 13 states to verify that entries on NAVISION are accurate for timely feedback to SR and states
- Support the team in reviewing reports from the Sub-Recipients and Chemonics (SCM service provider), and other routine reports e.g. TWG meeting reports, LMD spot check reports, stock status reports, data triangulation reports etc. for timely feedback
- Support the team in supply planning – obtain commodity pipeline information necessary for operational planning and decision making
- Support the team in inspecting and receiving inbound commodities.
- Support the Supply Chain Management component of LLIN Campaigns, including (but not limited to) inventory management, commodity accountability, tracking of campaign materials and commodities, and reverse logistics
- Responsible for reviewing and documenting tracking tools (PODs, waybills for Macro and Micro Logistics) for all Supply Chain Management activities
- Responsible for receiving, reviewing and registering of LLIN Campaign materials at the central level, and keeping of repository database for the tracking tools such as e-copies of waybills and PoDs for LLIN delivered to the campaign States
- Other roles as assigned by the Line Manager
Min Required Experience:
- Minimum of H.N.D / BSc in Health-related course or Social Sciences
- Minimum of one-year post-NYSC work experience in supply chain or logistics or program support, preferably with an International NGO.
- Training on supply chain management preferred.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and computer software – MS Office and excel especially.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a mature, very motivated, problem solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices.
- Excellent people skills; demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, tact and problem-solving skills.
- Must be flexible and can work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with church-based organizations.
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a team.
- Highly organized, with exceptional time management skills to complete a wide variety of tasks.
- Pays close attention to details.
- Hardworking, flexible, and ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Ability to work long hours.
CRS will pay a consultancy fee based upon a mutually agreeable daily consultancy rate. Logistics for field trips will be arranged separately. CRS will reimburse operational and logistical costs if they are identified and approved by the Consultancy Manager in advance. Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% or 10% withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees for individuals or organizations in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm; 9th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified consultants should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) along with a detailed Resume as one document in PDF indicating consultancy being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Consultancy for the training of Quick books accounting system and customizing to specific organizational need – QBK82919) attached MS word documents to: email@example.com
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
The EOI should include but not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal/company profile, skills, competencies and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short-term consultancy plus a copy of such previous work.
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviours related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’