- Location(s): • Borno, North East Towns: −Maiduguri — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Medical/ Health
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: January 12, 2020
- Job Type Contract
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is recruiting for contract Water Sanitation And Hygiene Assistant.
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water Sanitation and Hygiene Assistant
Location: Maiduguri with frequent visits to project locations
Line Manager: Program Manager
Line Manager + 1: Head of Mission
Duration of contract: 3 month (with to project locations possible extension)
Expected hiring date: ASAP
- Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviate the suffering of the poorest people. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
- In Nigeria, SIF provides assistance for both urgent basic needs for those displaced by violence as well as longer-term support for returnees and IDPs in protracted displacement settings.
- Our current Programme includes NFI, shelter, Education, WASH assistance, livelihoods support, Protection activities delivered through multi-purpose community centers as well as refugee camps.
Role Within The Organization
- The Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) assistant is responsible for running and supervising water, sanitation and hygiene programs, for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes at all stages of the project management cycle.
- Under the supervision of Program Officer, The WASH assistant ensures the overall success of the program by making sure to complete the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations; and that the program is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality
Missions And Activities
- SIF is seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual for the position of WASH Assistant to work in SIF mostly in the field sub-office.
- The tasks described in this job description are not exhaustive or limited. Due to the nature of the mission and the organization, the WASH Assistant may be requested to perform further tasks related to his responsibilities.
- The WASH Assistant is under the Program Officer’ responsibility for all operational aspects, he also works in close cooperation with all the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct needs assessments of the current situation in IDP Camps for the aspects linked with WASH issue to draw future intervention;
- Give recommendations and participate in the writing of new WASH projects/proposal submissions;
- Monitor field activities, and regular collection of data and compile in weekly activity report;
- Reporting, project analysis and recommendations for reorientation if it’s necessary;
- In collaboration with Program officer, Set up procedures for regular evaluation of WASH activities achievements;
- In close coordination with field associates, provide data for monthly and end of projects report, and for the drafting of activities reporting to Program officer
- Participation in the design of a hygiene awareness-raising and sanitation promotion strategy and responsible of the implementation;
- Represent SIF to partners and stakeholders at camp level
- Assure the technical support for all the activities of WASH programmes,
- Accompany the different aspect of WASH activities,
- To perform other duties as required.
Min Required Experience:
- Advance Diploma / Degree in Engineering required
- Certification in computing water networks constructions experiences is an asset,
- Hygiene awareness-raising campaign implementation experiences,
- Excellent written and spoken English (essential),
- Consistent reporting skill,
- Experience supervising field staff,
- Excellent communication skills and flexibility,
- Knowledge of conceptual tools (e.g. logical framework) is an asset,
- Computer skills (Word, Excel),
- Flexibility, Organisation skills, Sense of responsibilities, Analysis and coordination skills, Good interpersonal skills, Ready to listen to people, Capacity to prioritize, Open-mindedness and common sense, Strong humanitarian motivation
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application along with an up-to-date CV + a Cover Letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to: email@example.com The email subject line should be marked: “SIF Nigeria – WASH Assistant”.
- Kindly please mention clearly in the Cover Letter and CV your name in the consecutive order: 1) First name; 2) Surname; 3) Other name. Kindly please do NOT send any other document rather than mentioned above (CV & Cover letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts), otherwise your application might not be considered.
- Mandatory: The email subject line should be marked: “SIF Nigeria – WASH Assistant”.