Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator with over 10 years of professional experience in Pension Funds Administration. We were incorporated on April 14, 2005 to manage and administer retirement savings contributions of employees in Nigeria as a result of the Pension Reform Act of 2004.
Senior Portfolio Manager (Fixed Income)
- Job TypeFull Time
8 – 10 years
- Job Field
Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The portfolio manager is expected to develop strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies in line with stated investment objectives of our various funds and consistently apply a disciplined risk management framework
- Support the daily management of the fund portfolios; consistent with their respective investment objectives with particular emphasis on the fixed income funds and fixed income allocation of diversified funds
- Recommend tactical trading opportunities to the investment management team to optimize portfolio return
- Manage duration and credit structure of portfolios to achieve target returns and minimize risk and volatility
- Monitor capital market developments and conduct investment related research in order to develop and support investment thesis; with particular emphasis on monetary conditions and inflation drivers / expectations
- Develop financial and quantitative models to measure investment decisions including relative value analysis and risk analysis and performance (including NII and return attribution)
- Collaborate with relevant business units to support strategic initiatives; fund pricing, evaluating new transactions, company capital and reserve management etc.
- Conduct fundamental fixed income research and credit analysis
- Communicate investment strategies and results to relevant parties across the company
- Participate in Management Investment Committee and Board Investment Strategy Committee meetings
- Deliver investment related presentations to the firm and/or third party clients as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, Finance or any relevant course (Minimum of Second Class Lower)
- 8 – 10 years of relevant fixed income portfolio management experience
- Deep understanding of government securities market preferably with background in treasury function in a financial institution
- Strong quantitative, analytical and modeling skills
- Effective communicator, coordinator and thought-partner; comfortable and effective partnering with senior level executive team and external parties
- Open-minded, innovative, and strategic thinker
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in material compliance with set risk limits and guidelines
- Preferred candidates will have an MBA or relevant Master’s Degree and CFA designation or related professional certification.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV / Resume to: email@example.com indicating the Job Title as the subject of the email.