- Location(s): • Borno, North East Towns: −Maiduguri — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Transportation / Logistics / Supply
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: January 09, 2020
- Job Type Fulltime
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting for fulltime Logistics Officer.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Job Ref Code: LGT241219
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: Operations Manager
- You will coordinate the implementation of all day-to-day logistics activities to ensure all programs and operations have the goods and services needed when they need them in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable
- Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate commodity and logistics needs and challenges and the implementation of solutions, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
- Coordinate with supply chain team and relevant programming staff on logistics services that meet pipeline requirements. Help identify challenges in supply chain management and provide recommendations to address those.
- Support the implementation of delivery operations from arrival of goods in-country (or local purchase point) to the warehouses and on to the final distribution centers in accordance with CRS and donor regulations and international and local supply chain standards and requirements.
- Collaborate and communicate with the procurement team to ensure they receive timely purchase requisitions with comprehensive specifications, delivery schedules, and other terms and conditions, including for labeling, branding, and marking.
- Provide regular coaching and support to CRS and partner staff and laborers to ensure they have the capacity to implement accurately, consistently, and transparently commodity logistics processes and to abide by security, safety, and health requirements.
- Help coordinate and supervise activities related to commodity receipt, transportation, distribution, and disposal. Liaise with surveyors, C&F agents, the Transport Officer, partners, and other parties to ensure the timely receipts and distribution of goods.
- Maintain updated files with all required logistics documents and ensure all supply chain management activities and movements are fully and accurately documented. Prepare and/or review all reports prior to submission per distribution requirements.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or other relevant Degree preferred. Professional certifications(s) in supply chain or equivalent field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in supply chain, logistics, procurement management, preferably with an international organization
- Knowledge of political dynamics along the chain, infrastructure, market knowledge, as well as related laws and regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio). Experience with commodity tracking systems is a plus.
- Good planning, coordination, prioritization, and time management skills
- Good analytical skills with ability to make independent judgment and decisions
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Fluency in local languages, Hausa and Kanuri.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm; 9th January, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “CRS Application Form” using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the Position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application application (e.g. MEAL Director, MED211118) to: email@example.com
Click here to Download Application Form (Drop-box)
Click Here for Job Details (Drop-box)
Equal Employer Opportunity:
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”
- By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking
- Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation’’.