Leprosy and TB Relief Initiative Nigeria (LTR) officially registered with Corporate Affairs Commission as an indigenous non-profit NGO in March 2018. Before then, the organization was a country office of the International Non-Governmental Organization called the Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR).
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Finance / Accounting / Audit
Details: LTR is looking for an enthusiastic, committed and inspiring colleague to fill the position of Accountant
His/her tasks will cover the following main areas:
- Preparation of accounting documents, ensuring adequate support documentation and proper filing of all accounting documents.
- Daily data entry in QuickBooks and/or Financial Reporting Templates.
- Preparation of monthly bank and cash reconciliation of the projects bank accounts
- Preparation of monthly receivables and payable report
- Reviewing of monthly and quarterly financial reports of projects generating necessary feedback and ensuring that recommendations are implemented by project officers.
- Reviewing of quarterly fund requests/forecasts from projects officers ensuring budget availability and making due recommendation(s) to the Head of Finance.
- Assisting budget holders and partners in the preparation of their annual budgets and/or multi-year project budgets for exteal donors
COMPETENCES, SKILLS & ATTITUDE:
- First degree in Accounting. Professional part-qualification (ICAN or its equivalent) is an added advantage.
- At least five years of accounting experience with an inteational NGO or similar work situation.
- Competence in ICT and QuickBooks.
- Ability to make priorities and work under pressure for meeting deadlines
- Analytical, good communication skills, good reporting skills, organizational sensitivity, good leadership skills, team spirit, hands-on mentality, planning and organizing
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letters clearly stating their motivation to work for LTR and providing details on her/his suitability to fill this position. The application and CV should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com before 6th January 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A detailed job-description can be requested using this email address. rnrnIn case of equal suitability of candidates, preference will be given to a female candidate. Persons with disabilities are especially invited to apply