- Location(s): Not Specified — Nigeria
- Specialization: • IT/ Software
- Industry: • ICT / Telecommunications
- Application Deadline: December 20, 2019
- Job Type Fulltime
Huawei Technologies Company Nigeria Limited is recruiting for fulltime Lead, IT End User Support.
Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Job Title: Lead, IT End User Support
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 7 years
Job Field: ICT / Computer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead, IT End User Support is responsible for managing a range of solutions and services to enable enterprise customers to be as productive as possible while providing an intuitive, efficient and consistent user experience. As the unit leader embraces and promotes modern workplace to enable the workforce to perform their roles more effectively from anywhere at any time.
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and supervision of the end user support teams. Also responsible for delivering technical support services and solutions that are timely, effective, and delivered with the highest quality. As Head, should build credible relationships with the user community and ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded. Has strong familiarity with Microsoft environments, Windows 10, MS Office Suite and working in enterprise environments with 2,000+ IT users, able to perform quality monitoring, task scheduling, training, support analytics, and other departmental duties.
- Responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive measures as is related to IT user experience.
- Manages the End User Support staff with regards to service delivery, performance evaluations, promotions, training, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Build and manage 24/7/365 environment including in-call and escalation practices to provide efficient and timely support.
- Ensures service needs and SLAs by reviewing support management system, providing training, and making sure the knowledge base information is accurate and up-to-date
- Development and maintenance of support operating procedures that support the day to day procedural processes and reinforce policy adherence
- Assists in policy and procedure development based on direction from senior IT management
- Addresses complicated support issues that are escalated by team members
- Conduct meetings with team members to review status of IT service issues
- Creation and support of standards, processes and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team
- Meet with IT management to review overall performance, and to gain feedback on support performance
- Collaborates with other teams in handling and responding to user issues, problem analysis and making requested service improvements
- Ensures that proper escalation paths are followed by the support staff that are in line with documented procedures and policies
- Training staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques
- Creates user facing communication to address service outages, system upgrades and general IT informational announcements.
- Gather and analyse metrics to benchmark the end user support team workload/performance and identify trends and issues.
- Ability to quickly learn new subject matter areas, assess operational maturity, establish KPI’s and metrics and drive towards operational maturity
- Should have communications and collaboration skills across the enterprise End User Services Team.
Min Required Experience:
- Competency in process development, execution and organizational change management
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and ensuring standard practices
- 7+ years’ experience with responsibility in system support, policy and procedure development, and problem management processes
- 5+ years’ experience with responsibility leading a frontline team within an Enterprise IT capacity
- 5+ years working knowledge of end user hardware, operating systems, Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication: proven ability to produce a variety of business documents that display a Command of language, clarity of thought and strong presentation skills.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- Strong root cause analysis, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of IT applications and software development lifecycles
- Project Management knowledge
- Knowledge of the WLA (Working Level Agreement) to be used for the specific customers.