Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: IT Officer – Nigeria IHP
Job Location: Ebonyi
Report: State Finance and Administration Director
Duration: 5 years in IT Support with some knowledge of operations
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks an IT Officer for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 6 – Ebonyi State. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 6 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Ebonyi state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 6 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities. The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The IT Officer is the first point of contact and initial point of support for technical requests, assistance and advice to field staff for software, hardware and services utilized throughout the country. The IT Officer will be expected to ensure that IT&T infrastructure is fully operational, strategically appropriate and compliant.
- Performs windows operating system deployments using existing Microsoft WDS to meet SOE (Standard Operating Equipment) procedures and internal policies
- Provides first-tier support for computer hardware. Hardware support to include, but not limited to, laptop computers, printers, switches, wireless access points
- Troubleshoots software applications such as Microsoft Office and operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Provides audio/video support and familiar with boardroom equipment in a corporate setting
- Familiar with and able to manage wired LAN and WLAN network technologies, troubleshoot and resolve faults
- Able to setup and integrate wireless point to point radios into existing networks
- Reports to State Finance and Administration Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related discipline; Master’s Degree (preferred and possession of an MBA is added advantage.)
- Total minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems specifically Windows 7
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- General knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Network experience
- Aptitude and interest for technical activities
- Have the ability to multitask, work under pressure, take initiative, and acquire and apply technical skills as necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems and devise effective solutions
- Willing to maintain and create IT application and process documentation.
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels.
- Results oriented and proven record of managing expenditures within budgets.
Key competencies and professional expertise required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills