International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
Finance / Accounting / Audit
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Finance Assistant to be based in Maiduguri.
Position: Nigerian nationals only
Finance Assistant provides day-to-day financial support on one or more programs/grants, including the processing of transactions, adhere to donor regulations and IMC policies and procedures, reporting, and assisting in financial analysis. Finance Assistant reports directly to Finance Manager.
- Accounting and Finance Support to Grant/Contracts
- Prepare procurement request and ensure all approvals are secured and coordinate with Logistics department the delivery of service and goods.
- Maintain proper filing and easy retrieval of finance documentation.
- Ensure all documents are filled and stamped.
- Ensure that all vouchers are scanned and uploaded into IMC Share file for Supervisor review and internal audit purpose
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager.
- Delivering results, applying technical and professional expertise, working effectively with others and communicating with impact.
- Adhere to IMC and Donor regulations
- Account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy, and control over payments.
- Conduct Daily, weekly and month end cash counts.
- Payment of participant and other training, cash payments out of the office.
- Update and Upload on cost point Daily cash transaction. Daily reconcile of cash and book balances.
- Complete the monthly closing operation of the cash accounts after validation of Finance manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business
- Chartered Accountant or other equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
- At least 1 years post NYSC or exemption experience with INGO
- Experience with accounting packages
- Skills and competencies in raising resources and achieving results in relief and development.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Understanding of international relief and development principles and humanitarian issues.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
- Ability to network and cultivate strong relationships with government, donors, partners, and other stakeholders
- Competency in use of computers in a Windows environment including MS Word, Excel, and use of internet and email.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Method of Application
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: email@example.com
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
We are an equal opportunity organization So Maiduguri Based candidates are Strongly encouraged to apply for this position.