- Location(s): • Abuja, North Central — Nigeria
- Specialization: • NGO / Community Services
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: December 17, 2019
- Job Type Fulltime
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is recruiting for fulltime Senior Technical Advisor – Prevention, Care & Treatment (PCT).
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. AHNi was established as an affiliate of the Family Health International (FHI 360), a nonprofit human development organization serving more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories, to sustain FHI’s achievements.
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor – Prevention, Care & Treatment (PCT)
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
Experience: 5 – 7 years
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare NGO/Non-Profit
- The Global Fund is a 21st century partnership organization designed to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria as epidemics. Founded in 2002, the Global Fund is a partnership between governments, civil society, the private sector and people affected by the diseases. The Global Fund raises and invests nearly US$4 billion a year to support programs run by local experts in countries and communities most in need. Since 2003, the Global Fund has invested more than 1.4 billion Dollars in the fight against AlDS, TB and Malaria in Nigeria.
- The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), is a global project funded by PEPFAR and USAID, designed to accept funding from USAID missions, provides strategic TA and direct service delivery, aims to help countries reach 95-95-95 by improving case-finding, prevention and treatment programming, and viral load suppression, promotes self-reliant management of national HIV programs, Core partners:
- To strengthen this operations and interventions in the country, we are seeking qualified candidates for the position above.
- The Senior Technical Advisor – Prevention, Care & Treatment will oversee and coordinate Prevention, Care and Treatment and community services (PCT & Community services) for the USAID funded EPIC Nigeria/Key Populations Investment Funds (KPIF) project in Nigeria
- S/he will be the lead technical expert responsible for all HIV Treat care and support including community service provision responsibilities related to the program, including ensuring that targets set by funders are met and reported according to GoN standards and in line with donor demands
- S/he will lead efforts to strengthen prevention, care and treatment with all community services, which may include building capacity of community organizations and other stakeholders to provide standard HIV comprehensive services and set up OSS and referral network to KP friendly facilities
Min Required Experience:
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MBBS/B.Pharm/BMLS Lab. Sciences, Microbiology, Biochemistry with Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Pharmacy and other related areas with 5-7 years experience in HIV treatment and community ART experience in international development related to HIV/AIDS comprehensive services
- MPH or similar Degree with minimum of 6-7 years post-NYSC relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of anti-retroviral therapy (ART) and Prevention (ART, HTS, ICT, PNS, Gender, Condom, STIs, etc.) in resource constrained settings
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector, NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable
- Sound cultural understanding and sensitivity to demands of key populations and gender and sexual diversity is necessary
- Previous experience working with USAID or PEPFAR supported program and KP led organization;
- Demonstrated ability to be the technical specialist and as the lead subject matter expert in, Prevention, Care, Treatment & Community Services (PCTCS)
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analyses and make recommendations based on findings;
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Nigeria health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting and use of data;
- Previous experience in building capacity for stakeholder management and supervisory role is critical
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
Method of Application
Use the email AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org to apply
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.