- Location(s): • Rivers, South South Towns: −Port Harcourt — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Transportation / Logistics / Supply • Procurement/ Purchasing
- Industry: • Engineering / Construction / Real Estate
- Application Deadline: December 20, 2019
- Job Type Fulltime
EST Master Construction Limited is recruiting for fulltime Procurement/Logistics Officer.
EST Master Construction Limited is a leading construction company in diverse market segments. We are considered among the best because of our ability to undertake large and complex projects, embrace new technologies, and make a difference in the lives of our clients, employees and neighbours.
Job Title: Procurement/Logistics Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: Logistics Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Ref Code: MCLR/PL/01/20
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Provide efficient support and ensure success of the overall procurement and logistics activities while providing efficient utilization of resources.
- Act as focal point for requisitions received for the procurement of goods and logistics services for the main office as well as project sites by issuing Pos after completion of the procurement circle following company policies.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals.
- Participate in the selection of suppliers based on a set of agreed criteria.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality products and services at the lowest possible cost
- Conduct comparative analysis on suppliers’ prices.
- Identify and drive cost savings opportunities to reduce inventory and other related costs
- Ensure transparency and effective competition as well as best prices and best value for money in all procurement and logistics activities.
- Oversee the delivery of purchased goods, equipment and supplies.
- Assist in the coordination of vehicle controls, supervision of drivers and management of staff movement.
- Implement internal control of assets, inventory and property management.
- The successful candidate will have the responsibility of re-organizing and focusing the department for optimum standards of performance.
Min Required Experience:
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSC/HND in Quantity Surveying/Accounting/Business Administration/Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the building construction industry.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and pay adequate attention to details.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with effective negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS-office tools i.e. Excel, Word and Power-point.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision, proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt or its environs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications quoting the “Position and Reference code” as subject of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org