Huawei is a leading global ICT solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
7 – 12 years
- Job Field
Administration / Secretarial
ICT / Computer
- Provide input in the definition of IT policies, projects and service levels.
- Provide input in the development of the Enterprise Solution/Application strategy and plan in line with overall IT strategy and the company’s needs and objectives.
- Assist the Director, IT in communicating the division’s strategic direction and objectives to Enterprise Solution unit.
- Coordinate the development of policies, processes and procedures for the design, deployment and integration of customer’s Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the team/ function’s activities.
- Continuously review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the unit.
- Liaise with user departments to determine the Enterprise Solution/Applications needs of the organization.
- Ensure alignment of identified Enterprise Solutions/Applications with the customer’s business and IT strategy.
- Coordinate detailed preliminary review of new/proposed Enterprise Solution/Application, to determine alignment with customer’s business and IT strategy.
- Oversee the identification and documentation of user requirements for new Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Coordinate the documentation of Request for Proposal/Request for Quotation for new enterprise solution based on user requirements.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of vendors for deployment of Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Oversee the solution development life cycle, ensuring compliance with specified standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Liaise with Program Managers to coordinate the development and implementation of project plans and timelines, to meet Enterprise Solutions/Applications needs.
- Oversee user acceptance testing and go-live of new Enterprise Solutions/Applications in liaison with relevant business teams.
- Oversee post implementation review of deployed Enterprise Solutions/Applications and ensure timely and effective resolution of issues.
- Provide support and expertise in the deployment of off-the-shelf software applications.
- Ensure adequate user training on new Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Ensure adequate post-implementation support for deployed solutions in liaison with user support team.
- Coordinate continuous evaluation of system performance in order to ensure continuing relevance of Enterprise Solutions/Applications provided.
- Ensure the availability of documented policies and procedures/user guide for newly developed Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Oversee deployment of patches and upgrades to installed Enterprise Solutions/Applications.
- Manage relationships with third party IT vendors/suppliers.
- Keep self and teams abreast of business process changes and proactively identify and develop solutions to ensure optimization of technology in business processes.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in Computer Science or any Engineering related course.
- Professional qualifications (ITIL, TOGAF, etc.) are a must.
- Seven (7) to twelve (12) years’ work experience with at least three (3) years in a managerial role.
- Must have managed Enterprise Architects both at Employer and Client locations.
- Must be able to build a team of EA’s if needed.
- Must possess excellent Communication, Negotiation and Relationship Management (at all levels) skills.
- Project Management skills is a must.
- Must have leadership abilities which should aid organized brainstorming sessions when meeting with other Managers of the project and should be able to supervise Managers of the project as well.
go to method of application »
Lead, IT End User Support
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
ICT / Computer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead, IT End User Support is responsible for managing a range of solutions and services to enable enterprise customers to be as productive as possible while providing an intuitive, efficient and consistent user experience. As the unit leader embraces and promotes modern workplace to enable the workforce to perform their roles more effectively from anywhere at any time.
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and supervision of the end user support teams. Also responsible for delivering technical support services and solutions that are timely, effective, and delivered with the highest quality. As Head, should build credible relationships with the user community and ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded. Has strong familiarity with Microsoft environments, Windows 10, MS Office Suite and working in enterprise environments with 2,000+ IT users, able to perform quality monitoring, task scheduling, training, support analytics, and other departmental duties.
- Responsible for the coordination, management and execution of proactive and reactive measures as is related to IT user experience.
- Manages the End User Support staff with regards to service delivery, performance evaluations, promotions, training, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Build and manage 24/7/365 environment including in-call and escalation practices to provide efficient and timely support.
- Ensures service needs and SLAs by reviewing support management system, providing training, and making sure the knowledge base information is accurate and up-to-date
- Development and maintenance of support operating procedures that support the day to day procedural processes and reinforce policy adherence
- Assists in policy and procedure development based on direction from senior IT management
- Addresses complicated support issues that are escalated by team members
- Conduct meetings with team members to review status of IT service issues
- Creation and support of standards, processes and procedures necessary to produce the deliverables from the team
- Meet with IT management to review overall performance, and to gain feedback on support performance
- Collaborates with other teams in handling and responding to user issues, problem analysis and making requested service improvements
- Ensures that proper escalation paths are followed by the support staff that are in line with documented procedures and policies
- Training staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques
- Creates user facing communication to address service outages, system upgrades and general IT informational announcements.
- Gather and analyse metrics to benchmark the end user support team workload/performance and identify trends and issues.
- Ability to quickly learn new subject matter areas, assess operational maturity, establish KPI’s and metrics and drive towards operational maturity
- Should have communications and collaboration skills across the enterprise End User Services Team.
- Competency in process development, execution and organizational change management
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and ensuring standard practices
- 7+ years’ experience with responsibility in system support, policy and procedure development, and problem management processes
- 5+ years’ experience with responsibility leading a frontline team within an Enterprise IT capacity
- 5+ years working knowledge of end user hardware, operating systems, Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication: proven ability to produce a variety of business documents that display a Command of language, clarity of thought and strong presentation skills.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- Strong root cause analysis, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of IT applications and software development lifecycles
- Project Management knowledge
- Knowledge of the WLA (Working Level Agreement) to be used for the specific customers.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Senior Manager, Enterprise Architecture
- Lead, IT End User Support