JOB PROFILE FOR THE ROLE OF
Senior Key Account Manager
The Senior Key Account Manager will support the Head of Key Account Management and oversee the activities of the Junior account management personnel. Again The Senior Key Account Manager will be directly engaged in managing Key Account and also strategically bring a strong analytical acumen and business development prowess to the table.
• Management – The Senior Key Account Manager will play a managerial role over several account managers and oversees strategic commercial negotiations, in cost savings, pricing, supply agreements, and payment terms for key accounts. In this capacity, the Senior Key Account Manager will also drives the sales force in order to encourage the development and discovery of key accounts. The Senior Key Account Manager, in conjunction with the Head of Key Account Management, determine and set budgetary needs for the key account department and also set the key account sales targets and strategic plans for the achievement of those targets.
• Strategy – The Senior Key Account Manager will play the role of mapping key account and monitoring competitor activities for the purpose of formulating informed strategies that will reduce business churn and give the business an edge over competition. The Senior Key Account Manager will also encourages the enhancement of relationships with key consumer influencers and develops a stronger understanding of consumer behavior through a deeper analysis of consumer decision-making criteria, leading to the attraction and retention of key Consumers.
• Analytics – The Senior Key Account Manager will conduct research and gathers data on consumer, market, and competitor activity with an aim of encouraging key account client acquisition and retention. In this role, the Senior Key Account gathers data and information, analyzes it and provides formal reports to senior key account management for use in informed decision-making and strategy formulation. He regularly coordinates cost-benefit analyses and shared projects, and reviews key account plans on a regular basis as part of process to avail insights for departmental performance and improvement. The Senior Key Account Manger also measures departmental performance and weighs it against targets and the business’s KPIs, and subsequently presents proposals for strategic approaches that lead to the attainment or surpassing of targets.
• Collaboration – The position of the Senior Key Account Manager is a collaborative one, where The Manager will partner with other sales and marketing departments in order to actively develop aligned marketing goals that ensure no conflict of interests between these departments, and works to create a unified and stronger front in the quest to achieve the business’s objectives. The Manager will consults with the customer support department on key consumer supply issues and determines what the best communication plan would be for key accounts. In conjunction with senior key account management, the Senior Manager will also liaises with the finance department in determining the budgetary allocation for the department, voicing any concern of additional financial necessities in order to ensure optimal performance of the department.
• Knowledge an Opportunity -The Senior Key Account Manager has the responsibility of constantly gathering information on the best practices and market/consumer trends that will enable the account management department to stay up to par or even ahead of competition in the market. He gathers important information by attending tradeshows, attending sales seminars, indulging in relevant publications and so forth.The Senior Key Account Manager, in this capacity, will also identifies key account prospects and opportunities in addition to identifying, upgrading, and maintaining value added accounts.
• Account Management and Maintenance – The Senior Key Account Manager, however, does not simply oversee key account management; he will also personally manages and maintains high-level accounts. In this position, he monitors the account sales performance and engages at the consumers’ level in order to increase the levels of engagement with these key clients, hence,
• Other Duties – The Senior Key Account Manager will performs similar duties as may be necessary for the effective execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the Head of Key Account Management, the Director of Sales, or the Chief Sales Officer.
• Education – The Senior Key Account Manager will have a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Sales, Marketing, Business Management, Customer Relationship Management, Communications, Business Administration or any other related field.
• Experience – A candidate for this position must have had at least 5 years of working experience in key account management within a fast-paced and highly competitive business environment, preferably working as a Key Account Manager. A suitable candidate will have proven and successful experience in high-value client acquisition, satisfaction, and retention working as a Key Account Manager. He must also possess proven experience of having driven sales initiatives and achieving or surpassing business targets.
– communication skills
– Interperson skills
– Ms Office skills
– Negotiation skills
– Customer Expertise
– Selling Skills
– Presentation skills
Qualified Candidates should forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as subject of the