Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
Cloud Adoption & Implementation Regional Consultant – Alliance & Channels (Africa)
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job Field
ICT / Computer
Ref Id: 19001J0Q
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
About our Team/ Department Description
- The Oracle EMEA Innovation & Modernization team is a distributed virtual team with members throughout EMEA countries, supporting partners with their technical requirements. We work with the partners so as they discover their modernization options, provided by Oracle technology, and allow them to innovate reaching new potential and expanding their business.
- The team was created as part of the Oracle Cloud Centers of Excellence (formerly called Oracle Partner Hubs) who combine Oracle’s professional services, partner education, technical knowledge services and marketing support to help ensure the best possible growth for partners and their business.
- By delivering expert advice and guidance for free to all Oracle Partners we promote the latest Oracle technology usage and provide Oracle Partners with new competing functionality for their solutions and services.
- We are used to evangelizing and enabling Oracle partners and we are easily accessible online via social media and of course our community and blog. Check out our blog http://blogs.oracle.com/imc or google @OracleIMC in social.
- Builds long term, strategic relationships with named and vertical business alliance partners.
- Facilitates the development of strategic marketing and new business plans for all assigned partners to meet or exceed assigned business goals. Works with Partners to identify opportunities and create demand through lead generation activities and target account selling strategies. Actively track joint sales pipeline and meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets. Develop and maintain relationships with global counterparts to leverage corporate initiatives and to ensure adherence to Alliances and Channel standards. Monitor partners business results, making recommendations for improvements to increase penetration for the strategic partners. Establish rules of engagement and operational escalation procedures to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated track record developing and managing Global Partnerships and driving Partner account activity. Prefer strong analytical, sales channel and marketing skills. Prefer 5 years of related experience. Secondary education in Marketing or a related field preferred.
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
- Oracle EMEA Alliances & Channel is offering a great opportunity to join an expanding Oracle Cloud Platform Technology Team, focused on Oracle Partners. The Oracle Partner Innovation & Modernization EMEA team works closely with our partners throughout EMEA to help them rapidly and successfully adopt and implement Oracle’s latest technology. This includes working with these partners and their teams on architecture, migration, upgrades. POCs, integration, technology adoption, solution development and offering technical guidance and implementation best practices.
- As Oracle A&C EMEA Cloud Adoption & Implementation Consultant, you are part of a bigger international team within the EMEA region. Once fully on-boarded you will work with ambitious and dynamic virtual team, required to engage directly with Oracle Partners on a project basis. You will be responsible for West Africa working very closely with local A&C and Oracle VADs, providing high touch services leveraging Oracle Cloud Platform & Infrastructure.
- In this role you will have the unique opportunity to architect cloud solutions across the full business and IT stack and talk with partners in all industries. Projects solutions range from (but not limited to) Application Development, DevOps, Micro services, Analytics, Security & Management and Infrastructure within the PaaS and IaaS part of our portfolio https://cloud.oracle.com/ .
- Successful candidates will be offered world class training and career development opportunities to ensure you reach your maximum potential as a Cloud Technology Implementation Consultant within Oracle.
- Help and guide partners to adopt and implement with Oracle Cloud Platform Technologies.
- Assist and Propose by understanding their existing infrastructure to identify and prioritize areas they can benefit by migrating to Oracle IaaS and PaaS.
- Architect and Develop cloud business technology based solutions with Oracle’s partners
- Help the partner teams identify the best Oracle Business Technology solution for their business and or project
- Help lead promote and advocate the usage of Oracle Public Cloud services across various partners segments on all industries
- Maintain project contact as a sponsor/trusted advisor to assist in risk mitigation, quality assurance process and successful implementation.
- Take leadership role in promoting newer industry solutions and configurations including knowledge sharing events, groups and communities.
- Combine analytical & design skills based on specialized knowledge with knowledge about using technologies, software tools or programming languages with the purpose of facilitating the development and implementation of functional partner cloud solutions
- Working with top partners: educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and important organizations in the world.
- This EMEA role will be focused by priority to partners from Africa, based out of West Africa – Nigeria on location of the EMEA Cloud Center of Excellence
- Act as a Project Technical/Solution contact and advisor for Oracle Partners
- Design and Present Innovative solutions to partners using the latest (online) technology
- Engage with Product Development and Platform Technology Services teams to maintain product knowledge, run Partner POCs, and prepare new engagement workshops
- Create awareness in the market on Oracle Cloud Business Technology solution through seminars and workshops remote and on site
- Successfully create, plan, deliver and follow up in partner workshops and seminars
- Promote implementation best practices for Oracle’s Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Provide assessments of Cloud Adoption and Value realization; providing options and recommendations to further deliver value from the Oracle Cloud solutions
- Coordinate Partner Development, Track, and Guide Partner teams, aiming to deliver Partner Cloud Ready Solutions.
Key Requirements/ Skills & Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science/ IT/ Engineering or related technology field is preferred
- Experience with computing software and cloud solutions & services. Technical know-how of Public Cloud Technology and Cloud Solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex technical environments. Ability to adapt and learn new technology and products quickly
- Oracle Cloud Platform (IaaS & PaaS) and 3rd party products (AWS, Microsoft Azure) knowledge is an advantage
- 3+ years of hands-on technical / development/ consulting experience in IT and Cloud Platform (IaaS and PaaS) Technology.
- Domain Knowledge in Cloud Technologies and Services is required. Existing experience with any of the following areas will be appreciated:
- Business Analytics
- Data Warehousing & Big Data
- Security & Management
- Application Development
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Excellent engagement and communication skills: listening, understanding, demonstrating, presenting, and verbal and written communication.
- Creative intelligence – discovering, associating, observing, questioning and experimenting focused on innovation
- Confident Project Management & Coordination Skills with ability to work in a fast-changing environment
- Have an excellent command of English, while other languages (e.g. French) may be highly appreciated in the current role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ORACLE career website on oracle.taleo.net to apply