Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
Pharmacy Assistant – 2 positions
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationOND BA/BSc/HND
- Job Field
Location: Damboa, Borno
Slot: 2 Openings
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, the pharmacy assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Stock management in link with mobile clinics
- Distribution of drugs to the patients and counseling
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Collection and analysis of weekly drugs consumption
Stock management in link with mobile clinics:
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office
- Store drugs according to instructions and standards.
- Realize the pharmacy stock management (in/out) at the mobile clinic
- Calculate daily consumption for each item in order to anticipate any shortage
- Do a weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy
- Prepare weekly drugs orders to MdM central pharmacy with the assistance of the medical doctors and paramedics staff
- Monitor the supply quantity, expiration dates and quality of medicines and medical supplies.
- Ensure pharmacy recommendations are applied
Distribution of drugs during the mobile clinics:
- Give the drugs according to the medical prescription.
- Ask the medical doctor or the midwife to complete their prescription in case of incomplete information (dosage, duration…)
- Indicate the name, presentation and dosage of the drugs on the dispensing bag.
- Explain to the patient how to take the treatment and make sure that the explanations have been understood
- Explain the potential side effects of a drug to the patient
- Fill in the daily consumption form for each item
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
Collection and analysis of weekly drugs consumption:
- Collect the daily mobile clinic consumption
- Participate to collect the weekly consumption and analysis of the medical stock needs
Reporting and attendance to different meetings:
- Prepare request for the clinic and validate with Medical supervisor.
- Liase/inform clinician, doctors and midwife about drug availability.
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of MDM mobile clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the mobile clinics
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Is responsible for the proper use and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Pharmacist Preferred
- Experience in similar position for at least 2 years
- Good knowledge in dispensing and medical stock management
- Capacities in team management
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Kanuri and Hausa
- Excel and word
- Team player
Because of the emergency relief nature of MDM’s work, working hours may be irregular and employees are expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours under emergency conditions.
He/she works under the supervision of the Pharmacist. The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Engagement for National Staff and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: email@example.com clearly indicate “Pharmacy Assistant Damboa” as the subject of your application.
Note: Applications without the above subject will not be treated.